Types of pool cleaners
Choosing the correct pool cleaner for our pool is essential to keep it clean and that the water purification and filtering system is not damaged. There are different types of pool cleaners: manual, electric, hydraulic, pressure or integrated. Read on if you need to know more about each of them.
Manual pool cleaners
Manual pool cleaners are the cheapest option on the market, but you should know that the time you will spend cleaning will be longer and much more laborious than with other types of pool cleaners. Manual pool cleaners are used by connecting it to the garden hose or to the pool's own filter, it will depend on the model of manual pool cleaner that we have. We recommend measuring pH and chlorine levels after use, due to the contribution of water and losses caused by cleaning.
Electric pool cleaners are completely autonomous and do not need to be connected to the pool's purification and filtering system, since they have their own filter where they deposit the residues sucked up during the cleaning cycle. Another advantage is that they do not need to add water, so the pH or chlorine levels would remain stable after cleaning.
Hydraulic pool cleaners
Hydraulic pool cleaners are connected to the pool's own purification and filtering system and move completely autonomously around it. They are designed for flat or slightly incline pools and some models require an extra pump for their operation.
Pressure pool cleaners require a specific pump for their operation, the cleaner will be connected to said pump which, depending on its horsepower, will provide it with greater or lesser suction capacity. It is important to acquire the pump of the power indicated by the manufacturer, since going too far or falling short will cause the cleaning to not be carried out correctly.
Integrated pool cleaner
Integrated pool cleaners are very efficient but must be installed when the pool is under construction. By means of a series of valves and drains, the water will be led to the filtering circuit and the waste will be removed without any major problem. It is essential that the nozzles are in the correct location.
What is the best pool cleaner for each type of pool?
Depending on the type of pool we have, and the needs we have in terms of pool cleaning, we will opt for one type or another of pool cleaners. Here are some tips for you to choose the ideal pool cleaner depending on the type of pool you have.
For tiled pools you will need a pool cleaner capable of cleaning all the dirt and debris that accumulate in the joints, for this the pool cleaner must be able to clean both the bottom and the walls of the pool to save time.
- Small construction pool: if the pool is not too large, we could consider the possibility of acquiring a pool cleaner that would only sweep the bottom, carrying out the task of cleaning the walls with another type of cleaner. manual pool cleaner A basic or low-end electric pool cleaner would be enough to keep this type of pool clean.
- Large construction pool: For large pools, the ideal is a pool cleaner capable of completely cleaning the pool shell, avoiding leaving uncleaned areas. Mid-range or high-end electric or hydraulic pool cleaners would be the ideal option for this type of pool.
In removable liner pools it is not necessary for the pool cleaner to be able to climb the walls, since being smooth they do not accumulate dirt and it always goes down to the bottom. Therefore, an electric pool cleaner with basic functions would be enough to clean a pool of this type. Depending on its size, it is possible that with a battery-powered or manual pool cleaner we could keep our pool clean, it will depend on the time we want to dedicate to maintaining it.
Inflatable pools are best cleaned with manual pool cleaners or battery-powered pool cleaners, since the plastic surfaces that make up the floor and walls will not accumulate dirt, but they do have corners and areas that are difficult to access for an automatic pool cleaner.
What should I take into account when buying a pool cleaner?
We must take into account a series of important aspects to choose the pool cleaner that best suits our needs and those of our pool. One of the most relevant aspects to take into account is the shape of the pool, but not the only one, we leave you a list to review before buying a pool cleaner for your pool:
- Private pool or public pool
- Rounded or square shapes
- In-ground or prefabricated pool, raised or removable liner pool.
- The size of the pool
- The pool liner
- The maximum depth of the pool
Which pool cleaners can be used without the need for a purifier?
Electric pool cleaners do not require a purifier for their operation, instead, hydraulic pool cleaners need to be connected to the pool's filtering system to carry out cleaning. Manual pool cleaners, as long as they are autonomous or battery-powered, will work independently of the pool's purifier, so it would not be necessary to have any filtering system in our pool to clean it with one of them.
What are the main brands of pool cleaners?
We have a wide variety where you can buy pool cleaners from the main brands on the market. Our experience and knowledge about swimming pools makes us work only with brands that meet minimum quality standards.
- ZODIAC pool cleaners: the most notable Zodiac pool cleaners are those of its hydraulic range, although they have electric and manual battery-powered models that also stand out for their value for money. All of their pool cleaners are fast and reliable, using state-of-the-art technologies.
- MAYTRONICS pool cleaners: Maytronics pool cleaners are electric, they are specialized in this type of robot and are leaders in their sector. They are one of the most recognized brands and have the Dolphin E range, the most demanded by owners of private pools.
- ASTRALPOOL pool cleaners: Astralpool is a leader in accessories and spare parts for swimming pools, but it also has a range of pool cleaners that stand out for their lightness and speed in the cleaning cycle. They have very affordable prices and their after-sales service is one of the best on the market.
- GRE pool cleaners: They have a very remarkable range of pool cleaners for removable pools, since their star product is above-ground pools. These pool cleaners are designed to the smallest detail so that the cleaning of this type of pool is perfect.